Donna Naufal Moffatt
We have wrapped up our university application season (for the most part) and we are completing the last of documentation required at this time. It has been an exciting and busy season. We look forward to hearing good news in 2022 from our graduates.
For now, students are reminded of the following items where applicable to individual students:
Ontario: January 13
UBC: January 15
McGill: February 1
Students should be working on supplementary applications over the holidays, again where applicable.
Schulich Leaders Award for STEM:
Grade 12 Students can self-identify their interest for school nomination for the Schulich Leaders Award by Wednesday, January 5 to me at the following email email@example.com.
Eligibility for this nomination is based on the following criteria:
- academic excellence in the STEM-related subject (90% + range)
- leadership, charisma, creativity
- “entrepreneurial” minded
STEM fields of consideration are:
- Entrepreneurship and Business Enterprise
- Applied Scientific Research
Important: this is not for students who:
- Focus on activism
- Intend to become practicing physicians or medical researchers
- Intend to become professors and conduct theoretical research
On the horizon for early 2022:
- On January 13 at 7 PM we will be holding a Social Science Q&A with Ashbury Alumni. Alumni guest have pursued studies and/or are currently working in the Social Science field. More details to follow in the new year.
The University Counselling Office will close at 4 PM on Monday, December 20 for the December holidays. Emails over the holiday season will be responded to in priority order beginning January 3rd upon our return to work.
We wish you a safe and happy holiday season.
Donna Naufal Moffatt and Sheryl Johnston